Apple TV+ reveals the trailer and twelve contestants for its groundbreaking music competition series “My Kind of Country,” premiering globally on March 24.
Apple TV+ unveiled the trailer and twelve up-and-coming artists featured in its new eight-part series, “My Kind of Country,” from executive producers Reese Witherspoon and Kacey Musgraves. A fresh take on the music competition show format, “My Kind of Country,” is breaking down barriers in country music by providing a life-changing opportunity to diverse artists from around the world, scouted by country music artists Jimmie Allen, Mickey Guyton, and Orville Peck. The series premieres worldwide on March 24.
Each of the three celebrity scouts has hand-picked a roster of exceptional new artists and invited them to the home of country music in Nashville to showcase their unique sound. The winner will receive a career-making experience from Apple, including global exposure across the Apple TV+ and Apple Music platforms.
Jimmie Allen’s Artists:
- Ale Aguirre | Chihuahua, Mexico
- Dhruv Visvanath | New Delhi, India
- Camille Parker | Durham, North Carolina
- Justin Serrao | Johannesburg, South Africa
Mickey Guyton’s Artists:
- Ashlie Amber | Nashville, Tennessee
- Chuck Adams | Nashville, Tennessee
- The Betsies – Zel and Landi Degenaar | Cape Town, South Africa
- Wandile | Johannesburg, South Africa
Orville Peck’s Artists:
- Alisa Pais | Goa, India
- The Congo Cowboys – Julie Sigauque, Simon Attwell, and Chris Bakalanga | Cape Town, South Africa
- Ismay Hellman | Petaluma, California
- Micaela Kleinsmith | Cape Town, South Africa
Witherspoon and Musgraves will executive produce the series alongside Hello Sunshine’s Sara Rea and Laura Neustadter, Sandbox Entertainment’s Jason Owen, Emmy-nominated showrunner Izzie Pick Ibarra of “The Masked Singer” and “Dancing With the Stars” fame, and Done+Dusted’s Katy Mullan.
Emmy Award-winning Adam Blackstone will serve as music director. Blackstone has served as musical director to Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, Faith Hill, Rihanna, and events like the Super Bowl Halftime Show, the Academy Awards, and the Grammy Awards.